Are you wondering how to make your house stand out from the competition? Turn it into a blazing hot property with home staging. Small changes can make a big difference, so try these simple tips to raise your home's sizzle factor.
What can homeowners do to catch a buyer’s eye and get them to make an offer on their property?
How can a home stand out from the competition when there are several homes for sale at similar prices in the neighborhood, or worse, on the same street?
Consider these home staging tips for home sellers, provided by home staging expert Debra Gould, also known as The Staging Diva®:
1. Use higher-wattage bulbs. Bright rooms appear larger and more inviting.
2. Avoid placing furniture close to doorways, which makes rooms feel cramped.
3. Decorate for the target market. If you have three bedrooms and no kids, create a child room when it is time to sell.
4. Spruce up kitchens and bathrooms with new cabinet hardware and paint. You can even paint laminate countertops using melamine paint!
5. Buy fabulous bedding, shower curtains and towels. They will enhance the perceived value of your home, and you can enjoy them once you move.
6. Show ample space in rooms and closets. Excess furniture, sports equipment, toys, clothing and clutter should be donated, discarded or stored off the premises before you list.
7. Use fresh flowers in key rooms and planted urns beside the front door.
8. Remove all photos, diplomas and religious items. They remind buyers it is your home, not theirs.
As a homeowner, you may be falling into the trap of complacency. Often we are so used to our own homes that we cannot see them through the eyes of a buyer. Before you lower expectations along with your selling price, there is a far less costly option to consider: staging the home for sale.
Home staging is simply the merchandising of a house to capture the hearts and bids of potential buyers. A home stager can attract potential buyers by figuring out how to showcase the best features of your home.
Internationally recognized home staging expert Debra Gould is president of Six Elements and creator of the Staging Diva Home Staging Business Training Program with over 4,000 students worldwide. Gould is the author of four home staging guides and offers a Directory of Home Stagers to help homeowners and real estate agents locate home stagers who will decorate homes to sell quickly and for top dollar. To learn more visit www.stagingdiva.com.
Written by internationally recognized home staging expert Debra Gould, The Staging Diva®, www.stagingdiva.com. © Copyright Six Elements Inc. Used with permission.
To get expert home staging help in Maryland, Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia, contact Jennifer at Main Stage Home Staging & Organizing, 240-324-8280, or firstname.lastname@example.org.