HANDMADE AFRICAN BASKET FROM UGANDA
Introducing our newest size in the KAZI family, the medium round basket! Looking for a tabletop accessory, wall art, or storage for keys and clutter on your entryway furniture? This round bowl was created with you in mind. You can also use this as a serving bowl for your favorite fruit.
The matte fibers and exquisite color of this woven home decor will satisfy the senses whenever you see this high-quality basket. Each basket has a hand-stitched loop on the back so you can enjoy this ready to hang wall art.
- Approximately 10” D x 3” H
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all-natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size. Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in rural Uganda this one-of-a-kind piece takes a day to complete.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down: shake and tap to release crumbs and residue.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all-natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All-natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature-controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
A Ugandan weaver crafted this exquisite masterpiece using locally sourced raffia plant and sweet grass. This purchase guarantees fair, stage wages for this talented artisan. Prior to working with KAZI, many artisans worked manual labor jobs or as local vendors. It was financially difficult to support themselves and their children. KAZI weavers have become respected local leaders and primary income earners of their households. Ugandan women weave in small groups, building community and mastering their trade. They can now invest in their children's education, increase their savings, and plan for a hopeful future.
10" Medium Striped Black + Natural Round Basket
Please allow 3 – 4 business days for processing your purchase. After processing, estimated delivery time is 3 – 4 business days.