HANDMADE IN RWANDA
Classic and timeless - the large sisal bowl was the first basket KAZI started carrying. These versatile woven baskets are the perfect size. Style the statement basket on a shelf for additional organization in your living room, add it to your coffee table for a globally inspired feel, or use it as a serving bowl for your favorite fruit. Or, use the basket as storage for keys and mail on your entryway furniture.
Most commonly, we find the loop on the back makes this gorgeous piece of wall art ready to hang. This will soon become your favorite decorative piece in your home.
- Approximately 12” D x 4” H
- Fair Trade
- Made in Rwanda
- Products are made from all-natural fibers of sisal and sweetgrass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the sisal
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made of the highest quality natural sisal fibers in an ethical, fair trade environment. Sisal is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweet grass bundle. Handwoven by a woman in remote regions of Rwanda.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down: shake and tap to release crumbs and residue.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all-natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All-natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature-controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
The intricate designs and flawless work of an experienced weaver is never the result of luck. Rather, Rwandan women owe their skills to the women before them who passed on the knowledge from generation to generation—mother to daughter, grandmother to child. As young weavers learn from their elders, they quickly realize the weaving process is a painstaking one. Passing on basket weaving to young women carries the weight of upholding a time-honored practice and an age-old rite of passage. Baskets decorate nearly every Rwandan home, for they are one of the most important symbols of family, friendship, good fortune, and proud cultural heritage.
Dusty Peach + Wheat Tumaini Round Basket 12" Large
Please allow 3 – 4 business days for processing your purchase. After processing, estimated delivery time is 3 – 4 business days.