HANDMADE AFRICAN BASKET from UGANDA
This incredibly versatile bowl can transform any wall in your home. Pair with other woven bowls or plates for a vibrant and composed feel. This handmade basket is both accent decor for any bookshelf and desk organization in your home office.
Match with your favorite throw pillows and home decor in your living room, as a jewelry holder in your bedroom, or a catch-all for keys on your entryway furniture. Each basket has a hand-stitched loop on the back so you can enjoy this stunning, ready to hang wall art.
These delicately textured and woven baskets were made by groups of women in intimate communities across Uganda in an ethical, fair trade environment. They use the raffia plant and sweet grass to weave them together.
- Approximately 7-8”D x 2” H
- Fair Trade
- Made in Uganda
- Products are made from all-natural fibers of raffia and banana fibers
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Baskets have a hang loop on the back for wall décor - ready to hang
*All products are made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
Made in an ethical, fair trade environment. Handwoven by a cooperative of women located in Uganda, this one of a kind piece takes a day to complete.
- Made of natural fibers and grass; do not submerge in water.
- If necessary, use a damp cloth to wipe or spot clean the basket.
- After serving bread or other dried foods, turn the product upside down: shake and tap to release crumbs and residue.
- Avoid using chemicals or detergents.
Sun and fading
- Due to being all-natural fibers, keep dyed products out of direct sunlight for long periods of time to avoid natural fading.
- All-natural products with little or no coloring do well in direct sunlight.
- Avoid temperature changes when possible.
- If products are being stored for more than 2 weeks, please keep in a temperature-controlled environment, elevated off of a concrete floor to avoid fluctuating cold and warm temperatures that could create mold.
Meaning & Purpose
A Ugandan weaver crafted this exquisite masterpiece using locally sourced raffia plant and sweet grass. This purchase guarantees fair, stage wages for this talented artisan. Prior to working with KAZI, many artisans worked manual labor jobs or as local vendors. It was financially difficult to support themselves and their children. KAZI weavers have become respected local leaders and primary income earners of their households. Ugandan women weave in small groups, building community and mastering their trade. They can now invest in their childrens' education, increase their savings, and plan for a hopeful future.
Black + Natural Striped Round Basket 6" Small
Please allow 3 – 4 business days for processing your purchase. After processing, estimated delivery time is 3 – 4 business days.